Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm a celebrity, get me into here

Every now and again you experience something in life that you know you will never forget. Last night was one of those times.

My friend David is down in LA for the long weekend and to celebrate we decided to splurge on some good Sushi at Katsu-ya. In between dining on the best baked crab hand rolls and onion strip ahi that I've ever had, he mentioned that he'd never been to this restaurant without seeing a celebrity. This suprised me due to it's quaint atmosphere, and crowded seating. Don't let this sentence fool you I'm posting this on my blog, not Yelp. Back to my story:

As we're leaving, we're talking to each other in front of the valet when we see a bright flash coming from the side. We turn to look and there is a lonely man with a camera.

Did you really just take a picture of us?

He goes on to explain that he's sorry and that he left his good flash at home and had to use this one for the day. David asked if he thought we were celebrities, and I specified asking which one of us he thought was the celebrity.

When the man didn't know, David revealed that he was Matthew Broderick. Following suite, I admitted to being Ryan Reynolds and complimented the paparazzo on his keen eye in spotting us.

Now, before I go on, this is what my friend David looks like next to Matthew Broderick:



And this is me next to Ryan Reynolds:


The clearly clueless photographer then proceeded to question us regarding our future projects which we declined to talk about. He then asked us to pose for a few more to which we gladly obliged.

When the valet pulled up with my (very dirty) 2007 Toyota Camry, the now completely oblivious papparazzo asked if we would pose getting into my car. Again, we were generous enough to give him a few more glamor shots of these two superstars jumping in to their sweet ride.

As we drove away in hysterics we imagined this poor guy proudly showing these pictures to his boss, getting fired for wasting his time, returning to his mother's basement, and resuming his marathon of old MASH episodes.

On the plus side, I look like I might be someone important; which means I am dressing for the job I want, not the job I have.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Take a few years off Matthew Broderick and that could totally be your friend David. Especially if David trimmed up the bushy eyebrows. Save Ferris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a funny story. You do look vaguely like Ryan Reynolds but you're missing Scarlett Johannsen to complete the illusion. David totally looks likes Matthew Broderick but he's missing Sarah Jessica Parker, although thats probably for the best.

    ReplyDelete