Thursday, September 17, 2009

Proof is in the Punchline

APPARENTLY, everyone has had this similar revelation. This, "Now's the time!" attitude has caught wildfire amongst all of the graduating class of 2009. I want to take this opportunity to say: back off. Okay? This was my revelation. You can't have it.

I'm going to claim this motivation as my own by illustrating before you now a sketch. That I will write straight into my blog. Feel free to film your version of it and post a link to it in the comments.

Character List
Craig
Dale

Craig approaches Dale's desk holding some papers

Craig: Hey Dale, here's the Yamamoto report.

Dale: Great. Thank you.

Craig: No problem.

Craig starts to walk away.

Dale: Wait, Craig. This isn't the Yamomoto report.

Craig: It's not?

Dale: No. (reading from the page) "Dearest Dale, I've been watching you from afar for a while now-"

Craig: Yeah, that's the Yamomoto report.

Dale: I don't think so (reading more) "often times I picture you and I together in the bahamas"

Craig: Yeah, like buddies-

Dale: "licking whipped cream off of each others' sandy bodies-" It says nothing in here about Yamomoto.

Craig: You sure? Check the next page.

Dale: "-find myself drawing blood just to make sure I can still feel-" Yeah, this is definitely not the report. It seems like this is a love letter you've written to me. Frankly Craig, I'm disturbed

Craig: That's ridiculous. Look at the graphs.

Dale: (flipping pages) These aren't graphs, they're just pictures you drew of you and I engaging in gratuitous sex acts.

Craig: No, that line right there illustrates the increase in profits from the account last year.

Dale: You drew an arrow toward it and labeled it "time spent crying alone"

Craig: Dale, do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds. Why would I hand you a "letter" that I "wrote to you" about our "overwhelming love" that implies that I would "end both our lives" if you didn't "reciprocate immediately by "winking twice"?

Craig waits.

Craig: Was that a wink?-

Dale: No it was not a wink! And Craig, that part about the winking isn't even in here.

Craig: It's not?

Dale: No, it's not.

Craig: Oh.

Beat

Craig: Here's the Peterson Report.

END

So your assignment is to film this and post it online. My only request is that you put a link to my blog in your sidebar issuing the challenge to other users on the interwebs.

HAPPY FILMING!

~Ross

3 comments:

  1. I'm not going to film anything, but can I offer interpretive dance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make a great CollegHumor youtube video. With Jake and Amir.

    ReplyDelete